.

The Free State
"Man, in a word, has no nature. What he has is - history."

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Posters: La Destra

I must admit I don't find the right-wing posters *quite* as charming as the left, but they still have their quircks.


Anti-immigration is pretty much mandatory for right-wing parties. "Safer, there's the alliance."


Only in Rome: "Capital of Christianity"


"The courage of Rome" with photo of Hercules wearing the Nemean Lion (classmate posing). The political relevance escapes me.


"Once again in the field"... they like sports analogies here too I guess.



This is probably my favorite. I thought it was actually some sort of weird communist poster but this one is actually from one of the Fascist parties! The one with the lady running for PM.

And here's the geezer himself. "Gianluca Iannone" Pretty weird. Pretty weird. I think he's a poet or something.

I don't really know what else to say for these posters. While the leader of the main center-left party, the Partito Democratico, is smothered all over the place I haven't seen a single poster with comeback-kid Berlusconi anywhere. Not sure why..

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice collection of posters. weird you don't have any of the man-Berlusconi. One would guess he has the budget for a few posters.

1:57 PM  
Blogger CJWilly said...

The only thing I can think of is that his reputation is getting kind bad and it would be hard to emphasise "change" with his corrupt botoxed billionaire media-mogul face.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home