.

The Free State
"Man, in a word, has no nature. What he has is - history."

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Diggs + Night Out

My diggs are lovely. That was partly luck as one of my colleagues landed in a bedbug-ridden, flooding, faraway flat (she's been moved since somewhere else). I practically have the place to myself as I've only seen my landlady (a pleasant, young, pregnant (?) Italian woman) twice.

Bedroom:


It's also tastefully decorated with various Italian and American pop culture:


The shower is a bit cramped though the bathroom is nice and even has a bidet.

...very convenient.

After about a week here I realised I had been walking past this building on the way to school every day:

(random)

And, of course, a 15 minute walk away is the Colosseum.


That was taken on a night out last Friday. The class went for drinks and then went to a lovely (CHEAP) pizzeria with outdoor heating. They served us housewine for 4 euros a liter, but Donna, a classmate who has been in Italy for years argued with the waitress that it was bad wine ("Questo vino e dell'aqua!" "Blah de blah" "Reteh teh"). We then ordered some 8 euro bottled wine and, I was sorry to note, it's all the same to me. It was good pizza anyway and we all (minus posh-accent, reactionary, Zero-Italian but looks Italian because of Maltese blood, Andy) chatted in various degrees of Italian.

I strike a completely unnatural pose:


The class, one or two missing, looking very chummy + somebody's boyfriend in a red scarf and an Italian incrusting himself with a grimace at the very back (pic was taken with the cam on a car using its timer)

Points to anyone who can guess people's nationality/origin. There's no one exceedingly mixed up in this pic apart from your's truly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home