.

The Free State
"Man, in a word, has no nature. What he has is - history."

Saturday, August 20, 2005

NSC-68

I was reading Wiki's feature article yesterday on George Kennan (who, shock horror, died this year and I didn't know :-/ ) and it got me reading an early Cold War report called NSC-68 and it's full of nitwitry. They just didn't have a clue back in the day either.

Inspired me to make some sigs and posters:



The next looks a bit weird...



...so I made another a bit different



People who cannot distinguish between the USSR and other commies are foos.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool posters... the first one is really good, the explosion mixing with the brain...good symbol! one problem... if I can recall correctly, the report was issued before the russian atomic bomb right?

3:51 AM  
Blogger CJWilly said...

The report got round when there was a soviet A-bomb but no H-bomb yet. The USA still had a large advantage nuke-wise but the uSSR was closing the gap. The joys of arms race...

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home