.

The Free State
"Man, in a word, has no nature. What he has is - history."

Friday, August 24, 2007

Bought a Towel

I've been buying all the basic items needed for survival: bowels, toilet paper, deo, cereal etc. One of these was a Marks and Spencers towel which was selling for £7 and had a 20% discount. As I bought it, the cashier said it was 7.50 and was reduced to 6.00. I began walking away, but looked at the ticket again to see that indeed the original price was 7.00. I rather sheepishly went up to her again to ask for reimbursement (which should have been about 60p). I had a pang of feelng too money-grubbing, but hey, I've no income yet. She was more than happy to help but spent a lot of time struggling with the computer trying to figure out how much to return to me, for some reason the computer claimed I should get £1.90 back. She eventually gave me that amount to avoid further embarrassment.

Score.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you seem to be good at this, remember Riga?

7:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A -£1.30 save is a -£1.30 earned or some such.

I'll leave the math as an exercise to the reader.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Julia Haston said...

Do the bowels go with the toilet paper or with the cereal? :-)

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home