.

The Free State
"Man, in a word, has no nature. What he has is - history."

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Trip to B'ham

I left the Cote d'Azure for Birmingham, England, last Monday. Good timing too because large angry storm clouds were due to arrive just after I left. I took a couple photos of a "Save Maddie" post, *in French*, which had offended me but, alas, with the X-ray machines in the background, a security guard politely asked that I delete them. Mom, Dad and I proceeded to take some goofy pics before our farewells. I liked this one if only for the wretch smile I manage to muster:



My trip went all very smoothly. Though the flight was a little late, this did not bother me as I planned to spend most of the night at Stansted airport. Once I arrived in Stansted, I was a little worried someone might be bothered with me sticking around. It turned out I wasn't the only one with a bright idea.

This chap was sleeping for the entire time I was there:



This one I was rather surprised to see, but he must be praised for his ingenuity:



I managed to nap a bit during the bus rides to B'ham. I've spent the last couple days sorting out all the requirements for living in this city. The only real thing left to do is, ahem, to find a job, before, ahem ahem, my cash runs out. This is why I haven't gotten back to those people whom, I was so pleasantly surprised to learn, inquired about my whereabouts and well-being through phone and facebook (I'm loved!!!).

More to come.

4 Comments:

Blogger CJWilly said...

'pa inquired as to what the 2nd guy is sleeping in. I think it's an enormous guitar case, with him clutching the instrument in his hands.

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why birmingham

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting question actually, why Birmingham?

8:36 PM  
Blogger CJWilly said...

It's a biggish British city, much cheaper to live in than London, and roughly halfway between London and Liverpool (hence can reach both without too much hastle).

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home